Oracle releases virtual appliances (AMI’s) on Amazon’s EC2
Oracle Corporation has delivered a set of free Amazon Machine Images (AMIs), to make it easy for customers to get started deploying Oracle solutions on Amazon EC2. The following appliances are built on Oracle Enterprise Linux Release 5 Update 2 as the base OS:
- Oracle Database 11g Release 1 Enterprise Edition – 32 Bit
- Oracle Database 10g Release 2 Express Edition – 32 Bit
- Oracle WebLogic Server 10g Release 3 – 64 Bit
- Oracle WebLogic Server 10g Release 3 – 32 Bit
- Oracle Database 11g Release 1 Standard Edition/Standard Edition One – 64 Bit
- Oracle Database 11g Release 1 Enterprise Edition – 64 Bit
Oracle Secure Backup
For on-premise Oracle installations, AWS offers a dependable and secure off-site backup location through the Cloud Backup module, which is a part of Oracle Secure Backup – a tape backup management solution. It provides customers the flexibility to back up data to either tape or the Cloud.
Oracle customers can now license Oracle Database 11g, Oracle Fusion Middleware, and Oracle Enterprise Manager to run in the AWS cloud computing environment. Oracle customers can also use their existing software licenses on Amazon EC2 with no additional license fees.